SSC CHSL (Combined Higher Secondary level) 2016 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Today we are sharing some information for the Candidates who are going to appear in SSC CHSL Combined Higher Secondary level exam 2017. They should know the exam pattern such as marking scheme, type of questions, and exam duration, syllabus. After Reading, this post help the candidates to prepare a strategy. The SSC CHSL Exam 2017 conduct in three Tier
SSC CHSL Tier -1 Examination
“The Exam is objective type and will be conducted online.”
There will be 4 parts in a question paper:
- Part-1 – General Intelligence,
- Part-2 – English Language,
- Part-3 – Quantitative Aptitude, and
- Part-4 – General Awareness / General Knowledge.
- Exam will have 100 questions for 200 marks.
- Duration of the exam is 75 Minutes.
- Questions will be set both in English & Hindi for part: 1, 3 & 4.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
Full Details about the SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
|4||General Awareness/General Knowledge||25||50|
SSC CHSL Tier-2 Examination
- Exam is descriptive type and will be conducted offline (pen & paper mode).
- Candidates need to write essay / précis / letters / application writing etc.
- Exam carries 100 marks and exam duration will be 1 hour.
- Exam will have to be written either in Hindi or in English.
Tier-3 Skill Test / Typing Test
Typing Test: Candidates, who are opting English typing, should have typing speed of 35 words per minute and those candidates who are opting Hindi typing should have typing speed of 30 words per minute. Typing test will be applicable for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, LDC and Court Clerk posts.
Skill Test: Data Entry Speed of 8,000 key depressions per hour on computer. Skill test will be applicable only for Data Entry Operator post.
CHSL SSC Tier-1 Exam Syllabus 2016
Part 1: General Intelligence
Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Analogy, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Drawing inferences, Number Series, Semantic Trends, Figural Series Space Orientation, Semantic classification, Emotional Intelligence, Critical Thinking, Figural Classification, Venn Diagrams, Series, Word Building, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Embedded figures, Problem Solving, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Other numerical operations
Part 2: English Language
Comprehension Passage, Spellings/ Detecting Mis-spelt words, Fill in the Blanks, Spot the Error, Antonyms, Synonyms/Homonyms Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/Passive Voice of Verbs, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Cloze Passage
Part 3: Quantitative Aptitude
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship.
- Graphs of Linear Equations between numbers.
- Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems).
- Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
- Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar- diagram, Pie-chart.
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities.
Part 4: General Awareness
- Questions are designed to test the candidate’s general awareness about the environment around and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events.
- The test will also include questions related to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic, General Policy and scientific research.
Stay connected with educationmasters.in for all latest and relevant updates about SSC CHSL Exam Pattern Syllabus 2017. Good luck for your all Exams!!