Important computer related question asked in government exam
Here is some important question may be asked in government exam (CAT, MAT), IBPS (PO and Clerk), SSC, SBI, LIC and other competitive exams.
- Which of the following is a single-user operating system?
(a) MS-DOS (b) UNIX (c) XENIX (d) OS/2
- Which of the following is volatile?
(a) RAM (b) EEPROM (c) EPROM (d) ROM
- The input device that is closely related to touch-screen is the–
(a) Keyboard (b) Light pen (c) Scanned (d) Joystick
- Which one of the following attributes is not applicable to an interpreter?
(a) Consumers’ less time (b) Very expensive (c) Simplicity (d) None of these
- The storage device used to conpensate for difference in rates of flow of date from one device to another is termed as–
(a) Chip (b) Channel (c) Floppy (d) Call (e) Buffer
- The computer is a machine and all other equipments associated with it, are termed as–
(a) Hardware (b) Software (c) Firmware (d) Humanware (e) None of these
- A Program that converts a high-level computer program into set of instructions that will run on a machine is called–
(a) an editor (b) a linker (c) a compiler (d) a debugger
- Low power, single transistor call and in-system re-writability are the features associated with–
(a) SRAM (b) Flash (c) EEPROM (d) ROM
- To select a sentence using mouse, click anywhere on the sentence while holding down the following key–
(a) CTRL (b) ALT (c) SHIFT (d) SHIFT + CTRL
- The go to statement causes the control to go to–
(a) an operator (b) a variable (c) a label (d) a function
- The total number of registers with 32-bit width in the motorda MC 68000 microprocessor is–
(a) 4 (b) 8 (c) 15 (d) 10
- Windows can work in which of the following mode?
(a) Expanded (b) Extended (c) Enhanced and standard (d) Compressed
- Windows in popular because of its–
(a) GuI features (b) desktop technology (c) multi-tasking capacity (d) being expensive
- The liquid crystal display works on the basis of the relation between–
(a) light intensity variation (b) voltage and current (c) temperature and volume (d) polarization and electric field
- ………. Needs a compiler to compile the source code.
(a) BASIC (b) C/C++ (c) d Base (d) ORACLE