Christmas is a sacred spiritual festival that falls at the end of the year (25th December) and is honored as the birth of Jesus Christ Christmas day is a public holiday (many of the world’s nations) as it is a worldwide festival which is. celebrated by the people from all over the world whether they are Christian or not. Many People celebrates Jesus Christ’s birth (Christmas) by designing Christmas tree, decorating their houses, feasting & exchanging presents with friends & families.
Red, Green, and Gold are the traditional colors of Christmas beautifications as the red color signifies the blood of Jesus, which was shed in his crucifixion, while green is a symbol of everlasting life, as a particular evergreen tree, which does not shed its leaves in the winter. The first color associated with Christmas is gold, one of the three gifts of Magi, that stands for royalty.
The festival of Christmas has a special importance in everyone’s life and get across Jesus Christ’s note of love, tolerance & brotherhood.
Some Important Facts about Christmas:
- Christmas is a yearly festival that memorializes the birth of Jesus Christ & is celebrated by the majority of Christians as well as non-Christians.
- The accurate date and month of birth of Jesus are unknown.
- Various factors contributed to choosing 25 December as the Jesus birth date, before this, 20 May, 18 April, 19 April, 25 March, 2 January, 17 November, and 20 November all were recommended.
- The date is probably be chosen because Winter Solstice & ancient page roman mid-festival Dies Natalis Solis Invicti and Saturnalia comes around this date in the month of December
- Romans marked December 25 was as the winter solstice it is the darkest & shortest day of the year, and the first day in which the days would begin to lengthen and the Sun would have a longer occurrence in the sky.
- The first date when Christmas is celebrated on 25th December was in 336, during the time of Roman Emperor Constantine
- Jesus Christ was born on approximately on 6 B.C in Bethlehem.
- The mother of Jesus Christ is Pristine who was engaged to a carpenter, Joseph.
- It is a public holiday in many of the world’s nation.
- There are many countries where Christmas day is not a public holiday. It includes Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Algeria, Bhutan, Bahrain, Cambodia, China (except Macao & Hong Kong), Comoros, Israel, Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Libya, Laos, Maldives, Mauritania, Mongolia, Morocco, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Somalia, Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, Saudi Arabia, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Uzbekistan, Turkey, Thailand, Yemen, United Arab Emirates and Vietnam.
- In the United States, Christmas was declared a Public holiday in the on June 26, 1870.
- The modern Christmas tree ritual is supposed to have begun in Germany in the 18th century. However many argue that began the tradition was begun in the 16th century by Martin Luther.
- Queen Charlotte, wife of George III first introduced the tradition from Germany to Britain and then further fruitfully by Prince Albert in the reign of Queen Victoria.
- The tradition of Christmas tree turned out to be global by 1841.