Top 50 Indian Culture GK Questions Answers for UPSC (NDA) Exam
Indian Culture (GK) General Knowledge Questions Answers shared by Ground Zero Defence Coaching Institute in Dehradun
- Where has the ‘Great Bath’ been excavated ? Mohenjodaro
- What material were used in making Harappan weapons ? Stone , Copper and Bronze
- Which Gupta rurer is known as the ‘Indian Napoleon’ ? Samudragupta
- In which year did Nicolo Conti visit Vijiayanagar ? 1420
- Who built the famous ‘ Victory Tower’ and ‘Vijaya Stambha’ at chittor to celebrate his victory over Malwa ?
- Rana Kumbha
- The Bengal Gazette or Calcutta General Advertiser brought out in 1780 by James Augustus Hickey
- Hsuan-Tsang (also spelt Yaan Chwang ) visited Indian during the reign of Harsha
- Ancient literture refers to five fold division of India. The term ‘Aparanta’ or ‘Pratichya’ refers to
- Western India
- What was the main motto of Ramkrishna Mission? To provide social service to the people
- Who was first to accept the ‘Sub-sidiary Alliance’ ? The Nizam of Hyderabad
- As the evidence from Koldihwa in the Belan Valley shows rice seems to have been domesticated in India by about : 7000 B.C.
- Among the few four Vedas, which one is a collection of spells and charms ? Atharvaveda
- The Brahmanas, the Aranyakas and the Upnishadas are attached to one or the other of :
- The four Vedas
- Murshid Quli Khan became the diwan of Bengal in : 1700 AD
- The two popular assemblies which seems to have formed as essential feature of the government during the Age of Rig Veda are : Sabha and Samiti
- During the Age of Rig Veda, the grains are collectively called : Yava and Dhanya
- The Second Anglo-Mysore War took place between : 1780-1784 AD
- Which period is referred as the Classical Age or Golden Age of Ancient India?
- Gupta Period (319- 334 AD)
- Akbar the great Mughal Emperor Proclaimed a new religion Din-e-Ilahi in : 1581
- Guru Nanak Dev-the founded of Sikh religion was born in The year 1469
- Who estabilshed ‘The Khalsa’ in 1699 ?
- Guru Gobind Singh (Tenth Guru of Sikhs)
- Subhash Chandra Bose was elected the president of the Indian National Congress in
- The year 1939 at its Tripuri Session
- Where did The Tebhaga Movement of Peasants occur in 1946 ? Bengal
- Who founded the Ahmedabad Textile Labour Association ? Mahatama Ghandhi
- ‘Anekktavad’ is a core theory and Philosophy of which religion ? Jainism
- The founder of Sunga dynasty was Pushyamitra Sunga
- The East India Company secured the Dewani from
- Mughal Emperor Shah Alam II (1728-1806)
- Who wrote Raghuvansam, Kumarsambhavam, Malvikagnimitram and Abhigyanshakuntalam
- ‘The Loyal Mohammadans of India’ was the newspaper brought out by :
- Sayyid Ahmad Khan
- Who founded the ‘Servants of Indian Society ‘ in 1905 Gopal Krishna Gokhle
- The biographyof Harshvardhan – Harshcharita was written by : Banabhatta
- Huin-Tsang, the Chinese traveller visited India during the reigon of :
- Harshvardhan’s region during fifth century A.D.
- The famous book of Huin-Tsang which forms an invaluable source to ancient Indian History is
- The three great Chinese Pilgrims who visited India in search of Knowledge , manuscripts and relics between the fifth and seventh centuries A.D. are
- Fa Hien, Huin-Tsang, and I- Tsing
- Katyayanaprakarna is book on grammar of : Pali Language
- The first Carnatic War between the French and the England took place between : 1746 and 1748
- Swami Vivekanand was born : On January 12, 1863 in Calcutta
- Who was the commander of revolt of 1857 in Rohilkhand ? Ahmadullah
- Who wrote the book “The Wonder that was India” ? L. Basham
- Who said that “The Mythology, as well as cosmogony of the Egyptians ,Greeks and Romans were borrowed from the doctrines of the Brahmins” Nanthaniel Halhed
- Vedic Literature includes : Vedas, the Brahmanas , the Aranyakas and the Upanishads
- The first definite mention of Bharata as a region is to be found in :
- Panini who lived about sixth century B.C.
- The Palaeolithic Age in India is divided into three phases namely :
- Lower Palaeolithic (Handaxe and cleaver industries) , Middle Palaeolithic (Tools made on flakes ) and upper palaeolithic ( Tools made on flakes and blades )
- The Harappan civilization was discovered in 1920-21 following excavation :
- By R. D. Banerjee (at Mohenjodaro) and By D. R. Sahni (at Harappa)
- Nizam-ul-Mulk Asaf Jah founded the state of Hyderabad in : 1724
- Tipu Sultan was the Sultan (ruler) of Mysore from : 1782 to 1799
- The Sikh Khalsa was formed to instil a strong martial spirit in the Sikhs by :
- Tenth Sikh Guru Guru Govind Singh in 1699
- The Chief of Sukarchakiya misl (a Sikh confederacy ) was : Maharaja Ranjit Singh
- Which Sultan of Delhi established a separate agriculture department which planned rotation of crops ?
- Mohammad Bin Tughlaq
- The Dharm Chakra Pravartan mentioned in the Buddist test is :
- The first sermon delivered by Buddha at Sarnath
Posted by- Roopali Thapliyal
अब आप Education Masters Andriod App भी डाउनलोड कर सकते हैं डाउनलोड करने के लिए लिंक पर क्लिक करें Click Here for Download
दोस्तों अगर आपको किसी भी प्रकार का सवाल है या eBook की आपको आवश्यकता है तो आप निचे comment कर सकते है. आपको किसी परीक्षा की जानकारी चाहिए या किसी भी प्रकार का हेल्प चाहिए तो आप comment में हमे बता सकते हैं हम आपको जल्दी ही reply कर देंगे। अगर आपको हमारा article पसंद आया हो तो अपने दोस्तों के साथ share करना न भूलें करे.
आप हमारे फेसबुक पेज Facebook P age से भी जुड़ सकते है जिसके माध्यम से आपको Daily updates आपके फेसबुक पर मिलते रहेंगे।
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.